Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Where to Begin?

So, where to begin? I sit here staring at a blinking vertical line where the future has yet to be written.

Let's start off by talking gaming. And, since this is my blog, we're going to talk specifically PC gaming. All you console bastards stick to your controllers; this is for the people who enjoy having 101 keys as opposed to the typical 12 or so keys.From single player First Person Shooters (FPS) games to multiplayer Mass Multiplayer Online Games (MMOs) it is at our finger tips of choosing what to play. Maybe it’s both. For us, is what we want to play, to others its "WHY THE HELL DO YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME STARING AT THAT FOOLISH COMPUTER SCREEN!". Well, here’s you answer:

  • It’s fun
  • It can be cheap
  • Instead of holding my attention for about 2 minutes like a book, I can, and have, play the same game for 4 or more years
  • Its interactive
  • I get share ideas with the virtual world
  • I can use my imagination
  • When I get pissed at it, I can go off and score a few headshots
  • Teaches me about how game economics work

So there’s your answer. Quit the bickering and let me play. Yes, I'm going to sit here for the next 7 hours and play World of Warcraft. Why? Because that’s what I do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

But no gaming is complete without a Pickle Hat and Wacky Space Man Goggles (TM)

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/picklehat/mockery-picklehat.jpg

Michelle said...

I am more of a console gamer myself, but I have been thinking about trying world of warcraft. I am just scared I am going to get reeeeally addicted...

daverain said...

I've always preferred pc gaming if only for the fact that you can upgrade everything. From new hardware to maps and mods for games, you can keep tweaking your games.
Play any HalfLife2?

Max said...

yeah I finally got off World of Warcrack this summer. Love the game but it will eat your life.

Cali-Veda said...

For the first year I was with my boyfriend, I had to compete with WOW...
"Pumpkin, we can go out to dinner tonight, but I have to be home by 8."
"Why do you have to be home by 8?"
"I have to meet up with my guild to kill Anixia (the dragon)or I get kicked out of my guild."

Joe W said...

When does the new Medal of Honor game come out? Did it already? I used to be addicted to those games.

Cali-Veda said...

Onyxia, I apologize.